Friday, September 14, 2007

We arrive! Que Lekker!


Probably one of the most beautiful places I have seen. I may have mentioned that already, but it was really a magical day. I loved it. I loved it. We walked around the ruins and took it easy for most of the morning, had our snack around 11AM and I think the pictures can tell the story better than I could in words. By the time I reached the top of the trail to Machu Picchu, Flo and John were already inside, but Flo was there at the gate when I entered and we celebrated our arrival. I made it just in time to see the sunrise over the hills. My legs were kind of tired and I was really sweaty, but that solitude time climbing up the hills through this jungle area, just me and my God... it was amazing.

I really loved the morning at Machu Picchu before the large tour groups arrived in the afternoon. Including a very large and strange Herbal life convention. yup.
Sunrise from Machu Picchu.


This picture is funny because it was taken by a Dutch couple we met. John and Flo were speaking to them and I just laughed when they laughed and nodded and said ¨Yah¨ a few times. But before they took this picture they said in Dutch ¨look to the left¨ Yup. That´s when the gig was up. I am actually not from Holland, and they knew it. Pretty hilarious.

No comments: