After arriving Aquas CAlientes, John, Flo and I managed to find a really cheap hostel and were all set. I did not feel up to eating quite yet, or at all, so I mostly slept all day, but that was fine with me. Aquas is kind of a strange little town with only touristas moving in and out and not a lot of people at any one time. Seemed like at every restaurant all the tables were set and no one was eating... but boy did they like to invite you in to happy hour when walking down the street! Anyway, we had a pretty quiet Sunday. Then on Monday we set our alarms (well John´s alarm) for 4 in the morning!! So we could start our hike up to Machu Picchu by 4:30AM So we hydrated, grabbed what we needed for the day, and a flash light and headed out!
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Emerson
Friday, September 14, 2007
Aquas Calientes
After arriving Aquas CAlientes, John, Flo and I managed to find a really cheap hostel and were all set. I did not feel up to eating quite yet, or at all, so I mostly slept all day, but that was fine with me. Aquas is kind of a strange little town with only touristas moving in and out and not a lot of people at any one time. Seemed like at every restaurant all the tables were set and no one was eating... but boy did they like to invite you in to happy hour when walking down the street! Anyway, we had a pretty quiet Sunday. Then on Monday we set our alarms (well John´s alarm) for 4 in the morning!! So we could start our hike up to Machu Picchu by 4:30AM So we hydrated, grabbed what we needed for the day, and a flash light and headed out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment