Friday, September 21, 2007

Lima... and adios Peru...

This is a giant statue in the Park of Lovers, Parque de Amor. When I first arrived in Peru I was fascinated by a whole park dedicated to love complete with a giant statue and poems on the wall. You can see just how large the statue is if you see the couple sitting in the background. A few of my favorite quotes from the surrounding walls include- Adoro todo lo que no es mio, tu´por ejemplo. and also Besame amor que me estoy muriendo. All beautifully tiled along the water front. Really a romantic spot.

This is a picture of the lovely Carmen. Felipe´s mom who showed me such hospitality and love! She even made me a necklace and earrings and, like I have mentioned many times before, the best hot chocolate in the world.


This is Felipe. How lucky am I to have met randomly through couchsurfers this really charismatic and generous fellow. Without having met me, he and his family took me in, fed me, gave me a place to sleep and more than that, they treat me like family. Made me feel really at home here in Lima. I hope one day to be able to repay their kindness, and hope to visit Lima and their family again. I´m glad to have begun and ended my trip with such quality people. Gracias mis amigos...

No comments: