Oh what an amazing place! Machu Picchu is worth all the hype! So let me begin... at the beginning. Upon arriving in Cusco, I thought of how I wanted to spend my time, and one of the options was to go no a 6 day trek to Machu Picchu with my friend Katy. I chose, in interest of saving time, energy and learning more Spanish, to take a two day trip instead. So that is where our story begins....This is Florentine. She is awesome. She hails from Holland, likes chips, wears pretty earrings and is a friend of mine here in Cusco. in addition to being an all around lovely person with a big heart, she also is ridicuously fun. This is a picture of us on the field trip to Señor Huanca. After deciding that I wanted to take the train up to Machu Picchu instead of hiking, the next step was to find someone with which to travel. I lucked out, and started planning my trip with Flo. We originally planned a 3 day trip with a travel agency Puma Trek. But after paying for our trip they then explained all the things that were not included. So after a long day of waiting a train station and waiting for information from this disorganized (I´m being nice here) people, we decided to get a refund and plan a trip on our own. Of course then we had to wait for 4 hours one afternoon for the specific woman who runs the finances of this crappy company to return from who knows where to process our refund. Awesome. Good news is we now had freedom o plan our adventure as we pleased! hoorah for freedom!
No comments:
Post a Comment