Friday, September 14, 2007

Huayna Picchu

So we thought, hey we climbed this far, what a few more hours straight up some slippery stone stairs to the top of another mountain? These are the most mild of the stairs that you climb up for Huayna Picchu... They are pretty incredible and old, and, toward the top especially, steep... For part of the hike we even had a chance to climb through a cave... which scared me quite a bit... low ceilings, slippery rocks... I think I almost flew through it.. You can't tell maybe, but the cave was dark and I did not love it... but I made it!

So here I am at one of the look out points at the top of Huayna Picchu. It´s a pretty incredible view, but I really liked being close to the ruins, so for me that was more fun. But this face is also fun. We felt really strong.

I´m not going to lie, that climb was scary. Look at Flo´s face ... that´s fear.

Here we are at the edge of a cliff of Huayna Picchu, overlooking Machu Picchu. Can you see how far up we are based on how small the ruins are in the background?




No comments: