Sunday, November 23, 2008

Charlotte's Birthday :o)

My flatmate, Charlotte, is from Belgium; it was her birthday this last week. Charlotte teaches me something everyday, but I think my favorite lesson, and one that I am most likely to retain for a long period of time is the perfection that lies in a great piece of chocolate and a cup of Nescafe. Drinking Nescafe would otherwise be a horrid proposition for a native western Washingtonian (land of independent coffee shops and the corporate giant, Starbucks) if it were not for the addition of chocolate to this equation :o) During reading week, whilst Charlotte and I stayed hold up in our respective rooms reading and writing essays we took periodic (read: frequent) mental vacations to enjoy Belgian Chocolate dipped in Nescafe. It was brilliant.

To celebrate Charlotte's special day, I invoked a special Gramenzekesen tradition of covering her door with newspaper so that one can burst through to a new year!
























Then made really down right decedent pancakes that were chocolate with chocolate bits in them, topped with raspberry preserves and accompanied by a cup of Nescafe, yes please.























For dinner we all made risotto together. :o) This is a picture of our other flatmate, Sam, and myself wearing my aprons. Charlotte recently brought me one from Belgium that says Chocolate on it :o) Happy Birthday Charlotte! Thanks for being magnifique!

No comments: