Monday, December 8, 2008

end of term already??

That's right folks! It is time for the illustrious first term of my graduate school experience to come to a close... hence the lack of blogging for the past few weeks... been a little more than preoccupied with some reading and writing and criticizing. (I know what you are thinking, oh Rachel! You read and write now too!? Leeds must be a great University... it is).

This entry may be ever so disjointed as I intend to use it as a little mental vacation from my work that I am doing at the moment and may return to... any second... but you will not know because I will publish these various episodes of distraction in one lucid and shockingly fluid post reflecting upon my university experience this year. Yes, that's right. LUCID. Besides, I know how annoying it can be to regularly check someone's blog and see the same post remain for weeks on end... How am I meant to properly procrastinate by reading about my sister and bro-in-law's adventures if they do not move on from their experience with 'Judy the Travel Nurse'. Am I meant to get actual work accomplished for my courses? I mean, really. When I am most busy is when I find time to write and read about everything not related to the task at hand (hence current blogging).

Back to life as an EnglishpostgraduatestudyingattheUniversityofLeeds...I would like to draw your attention to the last sentence in the preceding paragraph. Please note that the period/full-stop is placed outside of the parenthesis as according to MHRA style guide. This rule also applies if I were to tell you, 'How much my very nature revolts against putting the period outside of a quotation, especially when using the single quote'. Yet there we are, and here I am in England and oceans away from MLA. It is not all fun and punctuation here in England, but will save that for the next blog... holidays are just around the corner...hooray! Last bit of that line was written after I finished my unassessed essays... :o)

okay back to the books. :o)

No comments: