

I have not, as of yet, spoken too terribly highly of British food. To be honest, as a vegetarian, it is not terribly easy to sample all of the local cuisine of Yorkshire, most of the dishes involving a sort of meat substance. Which is why I had always assumed that mincemeat pies, were also of animal origin, not so unreasonable, the English love their meat and their pies.

I was completely wrong. Mince pies are not only a sweet without meat, they are
ambrosia. I was right pleased with these little holiday treats, they are lovely.

Maddy came over to my flat, and my friend, Laura, is visiting for the weekend and we had tea with mince pies fresh from the oven (well from a box but then warmed in the oven.) They smelled delicious, and tasted even better. I will learn how to make these from scratch.
1 comment:
I'd also always assumed that a mince pie contained some sort of minced meat.
Now I'm imagining them like pecan pies... om nom nom nom.
Post a Comment