Today I embark on an adventure in Suffolk to explore the home counties of England and partake in my role as the Social Coordinator for n International Summer School for English Language Learners... hell yes! My train departs at 15:35 and I arrive in the south of England later this evening and remain there (more or less) until August :) But before I left I went to say goodbye to my manager at Fat Face and they had not only scraped together a card in the less than a week's notice time I gave them, but also chipped in to buy me the new white tank top I had wanted at the shop. I am blessed with thoughtful friends. This past weekend I spent with Maddy and Fiona and they are the cheese to my macaroni. I had a chance to have coffee with a good friend, Jim, who wrote my reference that helped get me my new job and he delivered a present of a card and two necklaces from our friend, Bara. I am so blessed. On top of all of that I had a lovely bike ride with my friend, Rob last night and THEN and THEN if that wasn't enough yesterday I had a chance to skype with my sister and beautiful niece and today I check the post to find this lovely necklace sent to me from my most fabulous cousin, Krissy. She had no way of knowing that I am going through a huge change in life at the moment and her gift, so thoughtful, so lovely, arrived at the perfect moment, with a great note and for no other reason other than she was thinking of me and misses me. That is the best gift of all.
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Emerson
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Oh the little things...
I think it is entirely possible that the thoughtfulness level of my friends and family rivals that of anyone else in the world... Possibly even surpasses (I think so!!)
Today I embark on an adventure in Suffolk to explore the home counties of England and partake in my role as the Social Coordinator for n International Summer School for English Language Learners... hell yes! My train departs at 15:35 and I arrive in the south of England later this evening and remain there (more or less) until August :) But before I left I went to say goodbye to my manager at Fat Face and they had not only scraped together a card in the less than a week's notice time I gave them, but also chipped in to buy me the new white tank top I had wanted at the shop. I am blessed with thoughtful friends. This past weekend I spent with Maddy and Fiona and they are the cheese to my macaroni. I had a chance to have coffee with a good friend, Jim, who wrote my reference that helped get me my new job and he delivered a present of a card and two necklaces from our friend, Bara. I am so blessed. On top of all of that I had a lovely bike ride with my friend, Rob last night and THEN and THEN if that wasn't enough yesterday I had a chance to skype with my sister and beautiful niece and today I check the post to find this lovely necklace sent to me from my most fabulous cousin, Krissy. She had no way of knowing that I am going through a huge change in life at the moment and her gift, so thoughtful, so lovely, arrived at the perfect moment, with a great note and for no other reason other than she was thinking of me and misses me. That is the best gift of all.
So here is a picture of the necklace that Krissy sent. I haven't had a chance to take a photo of the other lovely ones, but they are also very "Rachel" and I am sure they will surface in future blog entries.
So thank you friends for being amazing. Thank you for the blessing you are in my life... alright... time to pack. A little bit of love goes a long way.
Today I embark on an adventure in Suffolk to explore the home counties of England and partake in my role as the Social Coordinator for n International Summer School for English Language Learners... hell yes! My train departs at 15:35 and I arrive in the south of England later this evening and remain there (more or less) until August :) But before I left I went to say goodbye to my manager at Fat Face and they had not only scraped together a card in the less than a week's notice time I gave them, but also chipped in to buy me the new white tank top I had wanted at the shop. I am blessed with thoughtful friends. This past weekend I spent with Maddy and Fiona and they are the cheese to my macaroni. I had a chance to have coffee with a good friend, Jim, who wrote my reference that helped get me my new job and he delivered a present of a card and two necklaces from our friend, Bara. I am so blessed. On top of all of that I had a lovely bike ride with my friend, Rob last night and THEN and THEN if that wasn't enough yesterday I had a chance to skype with my sister and beautiful niece and today I check the post to find this lovely necklace sent to me from my most fabulous cousin, Krissy. She had no way of knowing that I am going through a huge change in life at the moment and her gift, so thoughtful, so lovely, arrived at the perfect moment, with a great note and for no other reason other than she was thinking of me and misses me. That is the best gift of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment