Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bawdsey Manor

So two weeks ago I decided to apply for a new job. I did a quick search, found a job as a social coordinator for Alexander International School and 36 hours after submitting my application I had a background check, reference check, phone interview and a job offer asking me if I could start as soon as possible. YES! I had been praying for God to either open doors or close doors because I had an incredible feeling of hitting walls all the time. This door swung wide open and less than a week later, I resigned from both my jobs in Chester, went on one last bike ride (very sad to have left Fetish behind) and was on the train to Ipswich.

This is Bawdsey Manor, my home for the past week and some change. Sometimes I can't really believe my life. Not only do I have an amazing job organizing the social activities for an international summer school, working with a great staff, with a lovely boss for a good wage-- I get to stay in what is basically a mansion. Also... bit a trivia... the place where radar was invented. cool.

Above is the view from my room. yup. awesome.

This is the ferryman. You pick up this white stick that waves down the ferry, and he comes across the bay and takes you to the other side!! amazing!!!
On the way to Felixstowe I walked by many of these little beach houses. I quite like them. I think in my next life I want to own one of these and come on the three weekends a year it is sunny to enjoy it. Also the children in this area sound just like in English movies. Oh, the south.
This is the North Sea. It is beautiful. okay! more later... off to pack and make things all tidy before heading over to my new school and work environment tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you enormously for sharing your pictures and adventures with me. You are a lucky girl. Love you. Rhondi