Hoorah! I have figured out the internet! Well.. I guess to be more specific, I will add in the qualifying statement: I have figured out how to use the internet connection. :o) Which is great, because for the past couple of days I have been camping out in the parking lot below my friend's apartment whilst he is away and pirating his signal. Though, balancing a laptop on my knees and sitting between two cars in a parking lot seems like the bees knees of events in which to partake in a new city (do it once at least) it looks odd, the weather is a bit nippy, and let's face it, it is a bit sketchy looking. I was willing to do it, however, because at this moment, without a mobile, the internet is my only means of connecting with people here in Leeds or at home...
There are a few realizations I have had as of late. The first, is that I need to start reading the directions, because I could have skipped the whole parking lot internet pirating thing all together (but who would want to) if I had looked more carefully through the connection guide provided by the university. Another revelation which will off-set the previous, is that I am so thorough bombarded at the moment with new information that I really have to have some patience and pace myself at absorbing it all. I did actually read a good portion of the guide, and have been rather diligent in attending free informatione events. Still, from registration, to paying fees, opening a bank account, getting a mobile phone, navigating a new city, student id card, joining the sports center and dodging that precocious horse that is on my running trail and wants my attention, so blocks my path as to get it... there is much to observe...
Had my first day of subwarden training today, that went well. I really enjoy my hall at the moment, peaceful and low-key without any students yet, except for another subwarden that moved in just today and is in the next building over.. quite peaceful. So I am embracing that peace and quiet a bit, while it lasts... should last until tomorrow... haha...
By the way, a little shout out to my brother right now, whose gift of peanut butter m&ms has sustained me!! Also, has kept me from eating a wholly healthy diet of vegetables, and fruit :o) I can't resist them, they are just so good. little colored bits of peanut buttery chocolate candy crack. thanks erik :o) haha Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment