Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Carr Mills Residence

This group of people are some of my lovely flatmates, and our friends. We share a kitchen and each have our own bathroom living space. My flatmates are lovely, and from all over the world... Spain, Belgium, France, Japan, UK (by way of Niger) and of course, me... Something that I did not anticipate is the fact that all my flatmates are omnivores, and being a vegetarian, pescitarian at best (worst?), I think it will be a little bit of a challenge, but my flatmates were so sweet! In this meal they made a pesto sauce just for me because the pasta they had created contained bacon. In that case then it is just that I do not like to inconvenience people that becomes a problem... we will see how receptive they are to my various curried vegetables. :o)


This is Kayleigh pictured with this treat we made for our flats, a melted chocolate bar with rice krispies... haha... what a culinary masterpiece. Kayleigh is one of the other subwardens in Carr Mills Residence.
And these are my flatmates and neighbors cleaning the dishes. I am so lucky. I was eating an orange for breakfast the other day and chatting in the kitchen with Samuel, one of the other flatmates, and when he was finished with his toast, he wiped the crumbs off the counter and I was so excited. I observed to Samuel that what what he had just done, cleaned up after himself, was a precious life skill, one that is difficult to learn and almost impossible to train into someone... I've tried... and we laughed. I'm lucky with my flatmates, we have great conversations in many different languages, when I wander into the kitchen I end up staying for at least an hour in some engaging discussion or another. hoorah Flat 118 :o)

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Um, who puts bacon in their pesto? I'm glad you were eating an orange so you don't get the scurvy! Thanks for posting the photos. Love you!