Today was one of those remarkable days when timing works out just so perfectly. I made it to the San Fransisco airport and passed the circus that they call a security check point and then to my terminal just in time to board my plane and walk right on board. You know what? I even had a bit of extra time to get something to drink and low and behold the public water fountain was there at my service.
This is one aspect of the United States that I really love--free, clean, accessible water in public. Now I am sure there are those out there who would say that it is not really THAT clean because it does might taste chemically to them, or that it is not filtered properly. What I have found is true for myself is when I am REALLY thirsty... I am a lot less picky on if there is copper in the pipes through which my water flows.
From my travels outside the United States, I can tell you that it is not a ubiquitous truth that a water fountain will always be there to refill your Nalgene or Sigg bottle. Sure you could always use the tap, but what is the fun in that, and in certain countries one set of pipes runs to the tap and the other to water fountains for a reason...
Which brings me back to my original praise of the airports in the states. Yes, we are ridiculously over the top for security for even domestic flights, the food is expensive, but you know what? I am never left thirsty and that seems to make everything a little bit brighter :) or at least better hydrated.
This is one aspect of the United States that I really love--free, clean, accessible water in public. Now I am sure there are those out there who would say that it is not really THAT clean because it does might taste chemically to them, or that it is not filtered properly. What I have found is true for myself is when I am REALLY thirsty... I am a lot less picky on if there is copper in the pipes through which my water flows.
From my travels outside the United States, I can tell you that it is not a ubiquitous truth that a water fountain will always be there to refill your Nalgene or Sigg bottle. Sure you could always use the tap, but what is the fun in that, and in certain countries one set of pipes runs to the tap and the other to water fountains for a reason...
Which brings me back to my original praise of the airports in the states. Yes, we are ridiculously over the top for security for even domestic flights, the food is expensive, but you know what? I am never left thirsty and that seems to make everything a little bit brighter :) or at least better hydrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment