Saturday, October 16, 2010

Music Fantasticness

One of the great aspects of living in Berkeley is the constant stream of gigs flowing through the city. Such a torrent of quality music shuffles through San Fransisco and Berkeley that it is sometimes even a bit frustrating that I can't make it to every gig- there is just no way! It would, however, to be fully satisfied with life and fill most moments of your day with enriching activities in this area... without doing any school work or being employed! This weekend there are two bands that I very much like coming through town. Relatively new to my music mix.

The Weepies



Hot Chip plays in San Fransisco on Sunday evening. This is a great upbeat band. I would have loved to see live...

Then there is, of course, one of my most favorite and newest (for me) find: BellX1, you can listen to their music here: BellX1 music.



So I am grateful to live in such a lively city! But alas, I don't think I will make it to these concerts because I will be hitting the books for midterms. Don't feel too sorry for me though because I've already seen Frightened Rabbit, Mason Jennings and Cloud Cult since I've been in town. All very good shows in different ways. Sometimes I am left wanting for some new music to plug into my itunes and God has answered that prayer manifold with putting some pretty incredible people with good taste in music in my life. :) If you are feeling that your play list is getting a bit stale, I would recommend checking out any of the bands listed above to spice things up. Unless, of course, you already have all this incredible music... in which case... let's catch a gig together soon.

No comments: