Thursday, March 19, 2009

Manchester

I took a day trip to Manchester the other week. Though I had passed through it many times... as it is the transfer station for many destinations, I had never actually been to the city. The city itself is quite nice, lots of shops and people around. There was a football match that day and from what I could tell, some Italian team was playing and I think that they won. Everywhere that we walked around the city there were enthusiastic fans singing songs in the street in a language I couldn't really understand. The Manchester accent is quite strong, but I am fairly certain that this was not in English... amusing to witness... not in English. Manchester LOVES their football.

We walked around and stopped into URBIS which has an interesting display regarding the Black Panthers, interestingly enough as well as a cool building design and an elevator that feels like a roller coaster! We also went on the big Ferris Wheel that was like a Roller Coaster. I have not been on a ride like this in ages, I realized... having missed the Puyallup Fair now for many years running. I was a little... a lot... scared at first, but once I was able to rationalize that it was safely built by well paid, educated people, and that it was more likely I would be harmed walking across traffic than on this ride, I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful view on such a sunny day. :o)


No comments: