We checked into our really beautiful Hotel, The Shakespeare Hotel, nonetheless. :o) Then as if that was not enough... Tim gave me tickets to the Royal Shakespeare Company's performance of The Tempest!! It was incredible. I felt so spoiled! We decided to walk about town a bit before the theatre that night and ate at a place called Mistress Quickly's, a place named after the Tavern keeper in the Henriad.
On Saturday we had a delicious breakfast and went around to all the Shakespeare historical sites! However, our first stop was a place I have longed hope to visit... The Royal Shakespeare Company Library and Archives :o) Many of you know that I study English Literature here in Leeds. You may not know is that I have loved reading and seeing Shakespeare since I first read it in Mr. Vinson's seventh grade class. What most of you don't know is that recently I decided on my thesis topic, and this particular topic would involve some research in the Royal Shakespeare Company Archives, with materials you can only really acquire in Stratford. It is a topic I really wanted to do, but wasn't sure if I could afford to get to Stratford, how I would get there, time, etc. This birthday present even offered me the opportunity to do some real research, was so great!! We were there for an hour or so, and I ordered some photocopies of documents whilst Tim sat very patiently reading his book. He is the best.
Some highlights from our tour around the gardens and houses are below, for the full effect of the trip and to see more pictures, you are welcome to look at the photos posted on my flickr account.
1 comment:
Oooh, I like it! I'm a big fan of the photos of you in England by the way!
Post a Comment