Our last two days of camping in Tenby we had unbelievably nice weather. Such nice weather that we decided to stay an extra whole day and do indulgent things like have a long late breakfast at Cafe Vista. We found Cafe Vista on the first evening of walking around Tenby and the views of the coast are unbeatable and the coffee and food is delicious. Hence the big smile. :)
Plus I had some good company. Tim in his Cafe Vista promotional photo.
My view from the balcony.
Tim's view from the balcony
Of course, we didn't stay in the cafe all day, though it was tempting. We wandered around the beach (I have so much sunscreen on in this photo) and played some backgammon at the park overlooking the water (no photos of that, but I assure you it was really nice. we even had some fresh cherries for snacks!)
British Beach culture is fantastic. There are so many families and kids, people of all ages out building sand castles, hiding in little beach tents or turning as red as lobsters. In some subcultures in the UK, a sunburn is something of a page of honor that conveys the message: "I was on holiday somewhere beautiful and it was SUNNY." They love the weather, they do.
I really enjoyed the little bunting decorations around the town. After experiencing running around Tenby under an umbrella and slowly sauntering around Tenby in the sunshine, I have to say, I like it either way. It was interesting to see the shift in people primarily spending time in town to moving to the beaches once the weather was warm. We managed to find a restaurant on the beach which allowed us both shade of umbrellas and coffees... great combination. I hadn't remembered to take pictures of the view from our campsite which was just north of town, but it was also beautiful so we spent most evenings firing up the little portable BBQ and making creative and delicious camping feasts! Holidays are great.


No comments:
Post a Comment