Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday Brunch :)

Thirtieth Birthday Breakfast! Look how I am glowing. :) After a wonderful weekend of festivities my actual day of birth, Sunday February 26th, was pretty low-key. Perfect. However, I love brunch and my friend, Fiona, gave me some presents to open on my birthday morning and the colorful plates and napkins were there to surprise me! How Could I resist making a brunch worthy of such Brit-tastic china?
I couldn't. So I made french toast with these two lovely ladies, Eryn and Emily. they were so good and put up with me as I wanted to light candles and tea in my special tea pot from Maddy (as Maddy gave me the tea pot and Fiona the plates, both gals were there in spirit! I am the luckiest) and took pictures of the spread while they sat there... ravenous... though they look pretty happy too. :)

What a great birthday. That evening we went out to Jupiter, where I won the SECOND beer drinking contest of my life. That fact makes it sound much more rowdy than it was and I think the best part was hearing friends from my seminary sing happy birthday. Lutherans, so beautiful! They broke into a four part harmony and I almost teared up. Okay. I teared up. It was great. Then, with a grand total of 2 1/2 pints I was good to go. To round off a pretty great weekend, Emily and I watched the season 2 finale of Downton Abby. It was a nice day.

No comments: