
Alice Franze! So this has been a very busy semester of visitors to the bay area and I LOVE IT. Although, side effect... update my blog *slightly* less often than I aught to do. Okay.... depending on who you ask it is amazingly less often. But here you go. Almost May and updating it from a visitor in February! Alice was a particularly patient guest because she booked her tickets months in advance and weeks before her arrival, I found out I would be flying to Chicago for about 20 hours for an interview. Luckily, the interview went well and so did Alice's time while I was gone. perfect. I like people who can role with the waves, I know I can learn from that.
Alice has been living in Seoul, South Korea for the past year or so and is a great keep-in-touch-over-skype friend. She is a great friend in general, but am particularly impressed with her ability to stay in touch from the other side of the world.
So I was thoroughly tickled when she made it to close proximity. It is years since we have seen each other. However, I find myself lucky to know pretty incredible folks and seems we can just pick right up from where we left off. Alice is like that. Since it was a while since she visited, of course the details are a bit blurred and my computer is being particularly slow at uploading pictures. Thus I will write you that we went wine tasting in Sonoma, visited her family in Sacramento, wandered around San Francisco, talked about food, family, life, love, beauty, God, make-up, and sometimes just sat there and read books in opposite sides of the room.

Everyone aught to have a visitor like Alice. Here are a few pictures of us at Muir Woods.

Those redwoods are pretty overwhelming. A bit of a trick is to get to Muir woods around 4 pm (time probably changes throughout the yea) but basically just before closing they don't charge for entrance to the park so you can go for free! Great DEAL! especially when there is a beach nearby where one could (theoretically) spend all day for free and then check out Muir Woods later in the afternoon/early evening. Travel tip for the day. :) Also. take pictures. loads of pictures. That is what I will remember to do next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment