Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nantwich, UK

I am well behind on my blog updates. I suppose that is what happens when lots of fun is happening in life! Who has time to write about it?? (answer: people who prioritize writing about it over sleep, reading, yoga, and spending time in the sunshine. I am not that person. I prioritize it over reading for my Process Theology class. :) ) anyway. NANTWICH!

For a little day trip before heading back to the states, Tim and I took a day-trip to the beautiful neighboring town of Nantwich. I was surprised, as I had picked the town for the day and it turned out to be really quaint and lovely. Last time I picked a destination for Tim and I we ended up in a crappy bookstore in the middle of nowhere... I was duped by a colorful brochure for the "Best Bookstore in the World" I don't know why I didn't question that it was in the middle of nowhere and I had never heard of it before... anyway. NANTWICH! much better.
They have a really cool park in Nantwich that includes this aesthetically pleasing bridge. Unfortunately, we arrived a bit late in the day and it was getting dark... and anyone with half a wit knows that, even in small towns, it is not good idea to go wandering through parks at night in England. Though I would like to go back there during the day sometime. :)

We brought an umbrella, but still managed to get soaked walking around town and ended up in this nice little pub for a pint and some games of backgammon (I lost. it's okay. I am practicing losing gracefully. So far I have the losing part down, now I just need to work on the gracefully.)But where there is a pint, an open fire and good company... what reason have we for sadness? :)

As a place to wait out the traffic before driving back to Chester we popped into a Costa coffee. I ordered the drinks whilst Tim grabbed a table. He asked me to order him a large cappuccino... we just didn't have any idea that they were serving American sized portions in this Costa. (Reminded me of the scene from So I Married an Axe Murder with Mike Myers.) we laughed pretty hard... I especially hard when taking this picture seeing that the mug/bowl was the size of Tim's head) That was us sorted for plenty of energy for more board games the rest of the evening and lots of chances for me to practice losing (and winning!) gracefully... still practicing.

No comments: