
It has been a lovely holiday break in Washington. The few short days I've been here I managed to go out into the woods twice to enjoy the snow and fresh air. Both times were up near Snoqualmie and with great fun-loving ladies. I thank my lucky stars to have such lovely outdoorsy women in my life. Tracey and I headed up with little Sylas for some snow shoeing only to discover the lodge was closed on that particular Tuesday so it wasn't possible for me to rent snow shoes. Luckily, we found a trail just across from the alpine center where the snow was perfectly trek worthy with just hiking boots and waterproofs. Fantastic!

This is Sylas running his fingers through my hair where we stopped for lunch.

Sylas loves to fly.

The gang starting out. Sylas is making a little snack out of his carrier, but Tracey assures me that is what those Velcro-on-fabric-bits are for... snacking and then washing. He seemed pretty content.

Another adventure! Cross Country Skiing on Iron Horse up near Snoqualmie. Both days of snowtastic fun involved GREAT weather.

This picture above is totally posed, but we really did ski the whole day. I saw people using this ski skate things and I think I would really like them. It looked like rollerblading on the snow! How great is that? Maybe next year. :)

Always a pleasure to hang out with my cousin, Krissy and her friend, Val. They are a hoot. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment