Monday, September 12, 2011

St David's


Camping! Tim and I drove to St David's where we camped for three days and two nights. I had found Caerfai Farms on the internet and we pre-booked our tent pitch. I recommend this, as the site was fairly full when we arrived. Not only was it a beautiful campsite, right on the coastal path, but also the office had a little shop with fresh croissants each morning! Delicious! That is my kind of camping for certain. Here is me outside the little shop after purchasing my breakfast! Delicious!

Another nice aspect of the camping spot is its proximity to the city of St David. St David's is a tiny city and as you can see the cathedral is huge. It almost seemed that the cathedral took up at least 1/3 of the city. Tim and I walked down to join in their evening vespers service and I was renewed in spirit through the chatting of the psalms in particular. I forget how much I enjoy psalm chanting, but when it echos through that old cathedral it moves the spirit.

Below is the picture of the beach next to our campsite. So close! and so protected! Just a short walk away. I borrowed Tim's warm top thing for the water to wear while playing in the waves and thought it was pretty humorous that it could double for a dress. Beach to town in own outfit. Fantastic! :)


Above is a shot from inside the tent to show you how close we are to the beach. We were really lucky to have such sunny weather, especially the first few days. Below is Tim expertly BBQ-ing the skewers that I helped prepare. We had an absolute feast on this little bucket BBQ and got quite a bit of use out of it throughout the week. So though we forgot to pack plates (easily replaceable!) I am really glad we had this BBQ. Roasted veg with halloumi on couscous? I love that any day of the week, but is especially nice to enjoy while camping :)

No comments: