Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hatch Pond Lakeside Cottage, Kent, CT

For the past 4 years I have had the chance to work in Kent, CT for a few weeks in the Spring. The people with whom I work have always been lovely and the past two years we have also had a place to stay that is also beautiful. This cottage near Hatch Pond in South Kent is a place I would visit just to sit (as shown above) and enjoy the atmosphere. However, there is very little sitting to be done and much work when in Kent. I hope to come back to this place sometime when I am less busy and enjoy this home away from home.
Our host, Michael, is a antique dealer and he and his partner rent this house out to those in the area. I think it is simply lovely and would move here in a moment were it a viable option!


Complete with a wood burning stove. I had a friend who was quite keen on wood burners and though I knew they seemed nice... I thought that perhaps the open fireplace was just as good. I think these few weeks with a wood burner has changed my mind. I love having one around and perhaps one day, when I grow up, I will have a wood burner of my own! Of course, I will also need someone to be living with me that is willing to deal with the spiders that sneak out as a result of keeping wood in the house. :) Ideal!

No comments: