Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome!

Well after a the first month of Seminary is coming to a close I can say that I am glad I came. I can also say that I am glad that the sign to which I am pointing was changed to not use text speak shortly after my arrival. I can also say that I am grateful there were other metaphorical signs which pointed me to this school... that didn't use text speak... :)
Berkeley is a beautiful city and it is growing on me. Our seminary is part of the Graduate Theological Union which means that we have the opportunity to meet, mix, and mingle with classmates from other christian traditions and other religions as well.
Strawberries. I missed this about California: such good fruit.

Outdoor worship service on the Pacific School of Religion lawn. I think one of the best parts of being here is the opportunity to worship, and to participate in the planning of worship services on a nearly daily basis. There is a lot of freedom and joy in listening to God through prayer about planning a service to facilitate deeper relationships with God. It is... awesome, in the fullest sense of the word.
Almost as cool as being serenaded by two friends on a sunny afternoon. This was before we had a chance to delve into our school work, you can tell because of the relaxed smiles and sunshine. We still have the sunshine... and the smiles... and every so often we sing a song or two and dare to relax.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Your seminary is lovely.