I am not sure if I am completely comprehending what is happening on this island...Am I to understand that it is both hot and rainy at the same time in manner of tropical paradise without many of the lovely big flowers but most of the bugs? Leeds, England? tropical paradise destination for the masses? I am also not entirely certain how I could have put sun screen on..liberally... and still be burnt after being outside for less than two hours on a predominately overcast day. At least it is warm outside enough to wear skirts shorts! hooray for skirts and shorts! :)
What I do understand... finally... is why the English make the weather such a frequent conversation topic... because it is warranted. When the weather is sunny and warm, then thunder showers, then muggy, then cold (maybe) then sunny again.. repeat... all in one day it bring a whole new layer to the need to pack for multiple situations.
As some of you have noted, I have been less than diligent at my blog posts as of late. This being particularly tragic because in recent past there was a week when two parts of my life that I love very much were brought together: cultural experience when traveling and (get this reader-land) my family! So I will be working on some blogs in order to give due space to this epic adventure that was the Eskesen Family Fun Times 2009. I know that the tens of tens of readers have been biting their nails waiting for these entries... I have also been working on my thesis and started a new job which involves me walking around for two hours a day in a bright yellow vest passing out information to students moving house. More on that later.
For now, I say if the weather is sufficient to be the lynch pin of many a passing conversation in this country, then it is good enough for a blog entry.
more about family, travel and jobs later. :)
2 comments:
I have to say, I do love talking about English weather! I have at least one conversation a day about it... but it doesn't feel strange because it's just a way of starting a conversation with someone, it doesn't have to mean anything!
That's very British isn't it!?
I am enjoying the warmer weather we've been having recently. But we could do with slightly less humidity and a bit more sun!
Yay! I miss you!
Post a Comment