Monday, May 18, 2009

Tracey's visit and the Lake District

Tracey and I lived together for two years, and because of our varied schedules we would sometimes not see each other until the evening... sometimes late evening. It was always amusing when we would (frequently) be wearing similar outfits. The picture above was taken at my university when Tracey arrived... I was happy to discover that though we have not lived together for months now... we are still able to be unintentionally matchy matchy. haha
Tracey makes amazing pancakes. The combination of Tracey's pancakes and Terry's coffee could make the world a place of perfect peace, it certainly made my morning much brighter!

Because my essays were completed and Tracey was in town we went off to the Lakes for the weekend. Where we could see the lovely sites of northern England. We were all in the need of a holiday. Off we went to the Lake District, Jim, Maddy, Tracey and I. :o) It was great weekend! We had this crazy luck with weather. When we were outside it was sunny and nice, then as soon as we got into the car/pub/hostel it would start pouring outside. Worked out quite well. :o)
The view from the top of a hill we climbed. I am holding Maddy's jacket in my fleece.

The bluebells were in bloom and there were fields of them through the woods... it was really quite breath taking. The forest floor seemed to glow.
I love the Lake District because it is full of little places like this, tucked away in the middle of the hills. Also I wore wool socks with my chacos and no one batted an eye. I will have to make more trips to this oasis up north.
Green fields everywhere.

No comments: