
For the past two months I've been teaching adults at the Cathedral down the street and I love it. L-O-V-E. nothing I think could have better reinforced my aspirations toward being a professor than having this experience. It was sort of a last minute job when the person who was teaching an English class suddenly had to return home, so they asked if I would teach. Of course I said yes, even though it kept me busy considering I still had my job as director of the children's program at St. Andrews. So for awhile I was teaching three nights a week a few different levels, but pretty advanced. Currently I teach two different conversation classes and those are going really well. It continues to be a great way for me to interact with more Egyptians in a positive way outside of street harassment and I really enjoy my students, we have a lot of fun, speak English and hope that they learn something!
No comments:
Post a Comment