
Fantastic. I haven't been to a gig in ages and managed to get a tip about this band from a friend of mine in the UK. They are Irish upbeat and a heck of a lot of fun: BELLX1. I managed to wrangle my friend, Sarah (above) to join me on the adventure. We snagged a fairly good vantage point as you can see from the pictures. :)


I really like the crocodile cafe in belltown as a venue. It is not nearly as pretentious as the other establishments nestled around it... seems to have saved itself from the tragically hip crowd which moves into that area of town on Friday nights. The stage was accessible, there is enough room to dance, the band was dynamic and interactive, the beer is cheap and by all accounts the pizza is meant to be delicious. I believe next time I head here, eating pizza will be on the to-do list!

The Great Defector is one of my favorite songs of BellX1, though it is not from their new album (bloodless coup) it always gets my hips moving and my feet tapping and by the time he loves the colour of it all, I am in full octopus dance of appreciation. :) Give them a listen:
No comments:
Post a Comment