Sunday, February 13, 2011

Point Reyes and Party Sushi


Pizza in a bucket. Just like it sounds... left over pizza in a cleaned out and reused ice cream bucket. What's not to love? Our little snack as we headed to the beach.

We drove out to Pt Reyes, a beach that is about an hour drive from our home in Berkeley and enjoyed a great Saturday afternoon. It is Paul's birthday on Monday (front right of the photo above) and since we have Greek that night, he suggested we go to the beach today. Turned out to be great weather and I think we all enjoyed celebrating a little freedom from studies today! Happy Birthday Paul!
From Left to Right: Me, Paul, Tony, Cara, Marylin. The end of the day, slightly damp from jumping in the waves group photo. The cold, salty ocean water was completely worth it. We all felt lucky to be able to be in the beach and paddling in the water in early February.
Cara does a little zen drawing with a stick I'd found earlier. My favorite beach activities include: running through the surf, paddling in the water, Frisbee, flying kites, collecting shells and today I engaged in many of what I call "zen" drawings. To be enjoyed in that moment and then washed away. Below is our effort for a happy birthday message for Paul and Marylin's birthday weekend.
Self portrait at the beach :) Full equipped will all the sun protection anyone could need. I am on board with the hat/sunglasses combo. I've never seen so well at the beach! My eyes are grateful.

Oh yes, also making shadow dance pictures... another beach past time favorite. Dancing!
One last picture of the Pt Reyes. above. The remainder of the evening would be spent at Party Sushi on Shattuck. We go to eat Sushi a lot and have one place that is a favorite. However, we were feeling adventurous and upon Cara's suggestions tried Party Sushi. It was tasty.

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Sushi! I like both of these blog posts! I also like you! xoxo