Because visiting my family and friends in Washington was so amazing I wanted to do the trip justice in blog format. However, as is always the case around the holidays, I find myself in a bit of a time crunch and think perhaps if I don't write something now then perhaps I won't get around to it for some months (i.e. when my family visited me in England... still trying to choose the right photos). It didn't help that my internet was down for a few days, but good news! I have solved the technicalities of the internet dilemma and am not only a mistress of the arts (so my degree says) but also discovered I am newly a computer genius. Alright, let's see if I can get some of these photos to upload in the right direction and I will get on with the description of Washington!
TACOMA

First stop in the states was a lovely lunch dinner over at my cousin's Krissy and Dave (Dave wasn't my cousin before they were married, we're not Southern) and it was GREAT to see my family! Above pictured from left to right is Kelly, Mom, Krissy and me. I think this photo is pretty darn hilarious because of the faces mom and Krissy are making :) haha

This is Dave and Krissy's cat, Cameo. It has no hair and no whiskers and feels really strange because when you pet it the skin wrinkles up under your hand. For some reason Cameo decided it really liked to sit on my lap and be my friend. Fair enough, but I will only pet your head little kitty.

Next stop on the whirlwind tour of sights, sounds and tastes of Washington was the fantastic coffee house, Satelite coffee with Alan and Tracey. Below is what happens when I set up the camera on a timer when Tim and I have had too much caffeine. Awesome awesomeness.

This is Tracey. Tracey is an angel from Tacoma who is there to make friends with everyone and encourages cycling and community where ever possible. Also she is a SUPER cook (She and another really great person and cook, Ang, made Tim and I a lovely welcome to Tacoma meal!) also Tracey is my former housemate and landlord and I think she is the bee's knees. But I may be a bit biased.

Other places sometimes further north than Tacoma
Seattle!

Erik and I took Tim on a tour of Seattle with an obligatory trip to the Pike Place Market ( one of my favorite places in the city). He found the sticky pork buns that he enjoys and my bro bro was able to find more tea than he could handle. This is the face he made to celebrate.
Kelly and Jonathan's House

We had Thanksgiving over at my sister and Jonathan's house. It was amazing. The food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the cranberry sauce that my sister made. Delicious. Good food, good family... that is what Thanksgiving is all about.
Downtown Seattle (take two)

This is my friend Eryn. We've been friends since High school and she met Tim and I down in Seattle for the the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Whenever I come home there never seems to be enough time to see all the people I love, but a little is better than none! I am so grateful for skype to be able to see and talk to my family and friends, it is a great way to stay in touch. I highly recommend it! (also I recommend befriending Eryn and Lauren (not pictured here but there in spirit) They are great friends)).
Mom and Dad's House

The Saturday after Thanksgiving we had a baby shower for my sister (left). It was really great to see the folks from the neighborhood and extended family. Also great to drink out of little pretty tea cups and this is the same magical day when I felt Champ KICK! for the very first time. Champ is the baby's nickname until he or she is born. The Friday before I flew back to England I saw Champ pull an alien baby move and actually saw it kick in my sister's belly. Amazing! That was for sure one of the highlights of my trip.

Above is one of my favorite pictures from the holidays! Tim and my dad went to the Apple Cup whilst we had a baby shower for my sister. Matching themed sweatshirts and beers. How cute! Huskies won of course.

Another highlight from the trip is seeing my friend, Emily, very pregnant! I am so excited for her, Paul and their baby. :) Congratulations Paul and Emily!
Mt. Rainier!

Besides the people, one of the aspects of Washington that make visiting so AMAZING is the great outdoors. Alan, Tracey, Tim and I headed up to Mt. Rainier (paradise to be exact) for some illegal sledding and general mucking about in the snow. The great snow sheets that we picked up on the way to the mountain did the trick for sledding. Our toes and fingers were frozen but it was so worth the visit! We even had fresh snowfall to make the day especially magical.

Above: Tim and Rachel on Mt. Rainier. Below: Tracey, Tim and Alan cold but happy!

Time at home is always too short, but I am glad to have had the chance to see my family for the holidays (even if it wasn't Christmas) and see the friends and visit the places that I love. Happy Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment