Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It is finished.


One year, 56 pages, 14,517 words, countless hours in the library and cups of coffee later.
My thesis is complete.

Above is a picture of my desk, or rather, what I looked at from my desk. It was crucial for my brain that I be able to see my outline at all times, even if it was a rough outline... these little bits of paper helped keep me organized. The quotes on the outside of the papers helped keep things in perspective when I was stressed.

After celebrating with some friends from the English department, I arrived home to find that Julie Ann, Maddy and Helen purchased and decorated cupcakes for me, gave me a card and bottle of crystal to celebrate. I really am so lucky and very happy for it to be complete... only now need wait for my results to arrive at the end of November....

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

Wow, you have to wait till November? Torture! I really like the photo of the Congrats Rachel cupcakes! They turned out quite nicely!

Unknown said...

YAY! Now you can relax until your next one! :-) Love you sister! Way to go!