accomplishing next to nothing... the weather was too beautiful to keep me indoors to read any of the books or essays I have with me... or tempt me to write a single word on a report of any of my students. Instead, I went running on a trail through the woods. It was so lovely that after I ran back to the car, I picked up my camera and walked the same trail taking some pictures.
Then returning to my motel room (as a side note I don't know what I am going to do when I have to start cleaning my own room everyday, and making my own bed again) I showered and grabbed my journal and some poetry, walked around the quaint town of New Milford and settled on a bench in the park until the sun began to slip behind the trees.
It was a really good day.
The kind that makes you want to read Robert Frost... so I will help you with that. I am mad for this poem at the moment:
Flower-Gathering
I left you in the morning,
And in the morning glow,
You walked a way beside me
To make me sad to go.
Do you know me in the gloaming,
Gaunt and dusty gray with roaming?
Are you dumb because you know me not,
Or dumb because you know?
All for me And not a question
For the faded flowers gay
That could take me from beside you
For the ages of a day?
They are yours, and be the measure
Of their worth for you to treasure,
The measure of the little while
That I've been long away.
1 comment:
I love you and I love your blog.
Post a Comment