Aww.... the much awaited adventure is here! I flew into Lima, Peru on Saturday night... late. My first experience with Peru was to wait patiently for my luggage... I Yes, I was tired, yes I wanted to make sure that my ride didn´t leave me, yes yes yes. si. Perdo, After all the luggage spun around the turnstile, I couldn´t help but notice that my lightly packed 25 pound bag was no where in sight! Turns out because my morning flight was delayed, thus leaving me a half an hour to sprint from one end of the Atlanta airport to another, my backpack was not as sprightly as I, and was not transferred as quickly. Next time I travel, two Starbucks, one for me and one for my pack. yes.
So there I was, in the Lima airport, with my purse, and that´s about it. Filing for lost luggage and hoping that Felipe, the random couchsurfer that I contacted to stay with in Lima hadn´t abandoned me for making him wait over an hour... and also, wasn´t a psycho like some people thought her might be....
Today! Monday! I am so far from the initial stress of arriving in the country, it seems like a really bad joke, the kind I might tell without remembering the punch line. My luggage arrived this morning. Hoorah! Turns out, God does provide. Felipe and his friends and family are amazingly generous and kind... and so funny. More details in the upcoming post ädventures with a Peruvian Sunday Dinner¨ and ¨I like Pisco Sours and Jazz¨But for now, I am a bit tired still. We go to bed very late in Peru... but before I sign off... if any of you would like to receive a postcard of sorts form this beautiful country, please, kindly email me your mailing address.
Muchas Gracias mi amigos y famila.
3 comments:
Rachel! I love it. I'm glad you're reviving the blog...though I didn't know it existed whilst you were in Cairo-stinker. I love you.
Hello my love! I'm so glad you made it safe and sound :o). I will be thinking of you and your adventure and if you feel inclined to send a postcard it's 910 NE Providence Court Apt. B303, Pullman, WA 99163. I relish waking up and taking a vicarious trip around the world ;o). -Em
I am so happy your luggage showed up and that the family you are staying with is nice. Funny is also a bonus one could not have hoped for. I saw emily yesterday and the glow of her wedding has not yet worn off. Let us hope it never does. I am envious of your traveling and intend to live vicariously through you and your travels. Have a wonderful time.
Post a Comment